Anthony Joshua: My son lacks ‘killer instincts’

VeryConcern
Anthony Joshua: My son lacks ‘killer instincts’
Heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua says it is unlikely his son JJ will become a boxer because he will lack the “killer instinct” his father got from a tough upbringing. Joshua, 29, was brought up on the Meriden Estate in Garston, Hertfordshire and was an angry teenager who had brushes with police including a warning after he threw an opponent by their neck onto the floor at secondary school. Looking in a more relaxed pose he and his son pose for photos in the new December issue of GQ magazine and Anthony says: “We all have that killer instinct, but we dampen it down in life. That’s what we train for – that killer instinct. It’s what I do for a living. “I had that instinct before I ever boxed, but now I know how to handle it, control it and when to use it. “And that’s why I think maybe JJ won’t be able to box, because when you come from a less violent background, do you have that instinct? JJ has the bloodline but will he be the strongest in the pack? “That’s what people will wonder …