16-year-old boy steals N340,000 after hiding in bank’s toilet overnight
VeryConcern
16-year-old boy steals N340,000 after hiding in bank’s toilet overnight
A 16-year-old boy, Adekunle Ayomikun, who allegedly hid in the toilet of a bank overnight and stole N340,000 was yesterday, remanded at Special Correctional Centre for boys in Oregun, by a Lagos magistrate’s court sitting in Igbosere.
The defendant, who is facing a count charge of stealing preferred against him by the Police, was docked before Magistrate K. O. Doja-Ojo.
However, the teenager pleaded guilty to the charge against him.
When Magistrate Doja-Ojo asked him, how he got into the bank, Ayomikun told her that he entered the bank around 4 pm during banking hours and locked himself in the toilet.
He said: “After closing hours at night I went to the bulk room of the bank where I saw money, and I took N340,000 and kept it in my pocket.
“I had a lighter with me, so when I was trying to come out of the bank, the lighter attracted the security guards at the bank who saw me, then I ran back into the toilet and locked myself up, again.”
Ayomikun also added that when he eventually came …